May 20, 2017 @ McNair Stadium, Forest City NC
A few exciting changes have been made since last year's Leader of the Pack 5K Run/Walk:
- We are still inviting you to be a part of the competitive Rutherford Outdoor Coalition Race Series and earn points for its championship.
- We are also offering a free 1/2 mile fun run for kids K-5.
- Competition between county schools with the winning elementary & middle/high school earning $100 and the LotP Trophy.
- the school with the most associating race day participants wins....this is based on largest percentage as related to the school population....must check in at the schools' table on the day of the race.
- Wicking Race Day T-shirts (*registration must be received by May 4th in order to receive a T-shirt)
- Awards Galore!
(Mail in must be postmarked by May 5th)
- Student (K-12) - $15 for 5K Run/Walk
- Non-Student - $20 for 5K Run/Walk
- $60 for Family 4-Pack (mail-in registration only)
Race Day Prices:
Race and On-Site Registration Times:
- Packet Pick Up
- Friday, May 19: 3:30-7:00pm @ Cool Springs Admin Offices - 382 W. Main St. Forest City
- Saturday, May 20: 6:00-7:30am @ McNair Stadium - McNair Dr. Forest City (no registrations after 7:30 am)
- On-Site Registration
- Opens at 6:00am & Closes at 7:30am
- Start time: approx. 9:00am
- Top Overall Male/Female (1st, 2nd, & 3rd)
- Top Master Male/Female (1st & 2nd)
- Best School Participation Trophy to hold for the year & $100 paid to School’s Principal
- Awarded to the school with the highest percentage of participation based on enrollment the day of the race. Must be present at race, and checked in (sign up at school’s table on day of race). Winning school determined by participation in any and all events, not times.
- Awards ( 1st, 2nd, 3rd) Male/Female in the following age groups:
- 0-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-75, 76+